Psalm 2; Revelation 12
A conspiracy on ##earth## (Psalm 2:1-3)
A conspiracy in ##heaven##: (Psalm 2:4-9 & Rev. 12:1-6)
A collision of ##kings##: (Psalm 2:10-12 & Rev. 12:7-17)
##Crown## Jesus as ##your## ##King##
Small Group Questions
Use this outline for personal reflection, as a couples or family devotion, or with a small group.
“It is the men and women who find it the hardest to get away who need redemptive solitude the most.” Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not? How would you define “redemptive solitude”? Read Chapter 10 of An Unhurried Life by Alan Fadling to dive deeper into this subject.
Read Mark 6:31
- Does this directive still apply to Jesus’ followers today? Why or why not?
- How much time do you spend alone with Jesus in any given week? How do you spend that time?
- What are some best practices for applying this verse?
Read Matthew 6:6-8
- What do these verses teach us about the need for solitude and about prayer?
- How much time do you spend listening when you pray? Do you find this easy or difficult?
- Share some best practices for prayer and meditation.
Resources for Spiritual Growth in 2024
- Sacred Rhythms: A workbook to help you develop a sacred rhythm.
- 85 Hours in the Word (December 31- January 3): Read, listen, and meditate on Scripture as we read the Bible in 85 hours.
- 85 Days of Prayer (January 7 – March 31): Daily prayer prompts, weekly Call to Prayer, Good Friday Prayer Vigil, resources for fasting, and prayer walks.
- Discuss how you, as individuals and as a small group, will apply Jesus’ words in Mark 6:31.
Share your current “sacred rhythm” and any plans you have to refine your plan in 2024. Talk about it, invite accountability, and take time to pray together.
This week’s reading plan focuses on Jesus and the kingdoms of this world. As you reflect on each chapter, invite the Holy Spirit to align your heart with Jesus and His Kingdom.
- Day 1: Psalm 2
- Day 2: Revelation 12
- Day 3: Matthew 2
- Day 4: John 18
- Day 5: John 19
- Day 6: Revelation 19
- Day 7: Revelation 20
- What conflicts do you see between the kingdoms of this world and the Kingdom of Christ?
- What makes the birth of Jesus the perfect counterinsurgency to the world’s rebellion?
- What does it mean to live in submission to King Jesus?
The Music of Christmas, by Gary & Sheri Webber
God Is in the Manger, by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
An Unhurried Life, Alan Fadling
Check out these and other books from our suggested reading list at https://bit.ly/AspireSMB.